Here at Rentec Direct, your team works hard to make your job as a landlord or manager even easier. As you enter into the hustle and bustle of the holidays and have tax season around the corner, remember we are here to support you and ensure that your software makes even the daunting tasks a little easier. Improvements are being tested and implemented every day to ensure that your software is constantly adding value and efficiency to your daily management needs.
In the past, we announced that your Rentec Direct Development Team is taking on an exciting new project to make your software better than ever. Your team is on track to attend to all the vital work that comes with a comprehensive software redesign! As the development team transitions its priorities to working on the redesign, you may notice a slight decrease in the number of features or enhancements going live. Do not worry; this is simply to ensure that your team has more time to devote to this value-packed redesign you will see in the near future. We truly are excited to share this with you once it’s live.
With that said, October still saw the deployment of a number of helpful fixes and minor enhancements that ensure smooth sailing for your day-to-day tasks within the software. The developers work closely with the Client Success Team and our clients to find out what fixes and enhancements need to be done in order to make the software better for your daily needs.
In-house, the team refers to smaller updates as a bug fix, QuickFix, HotFix, or issue report, and large updates as Features or Enhancements. Since your time is valuable, we don’t always report every tiny fix or update to you, but we want you to rest assured that the development team is always hard at work improving the software for your needs.
Here’s a look at what the Development Team has been working on for the month of October 2020.
RENTEC DIRECT FEATURE UPDATES, FIXES AND ENHANCEMENTS
MADE LIVE IN OCTOBER 2020
- Adding syndication support for rentalbeast.com
- Completed work with Move, Inc to enable syndication across all move.com properties, including realtor.com, move.com, myhome.com, doorsteps.com
- Completed adding support for Nelco 1099-NEC support (new 1099’s required of property managers for 2020 tax season)
- Added an option to type “inactive” into search on tenants page to show all inactive tenants
- Issue 981: Fix issue causing vendor to not to be recorded in notes column
- Issue 956: Bank sync now detects if you already have a linked account with the bank
- Fixed issue when canceling deletion of inspections, now works as expected.
- Allow Rentec invoices to be opened up even if they are negative
UPCOMING FEATURE RELEASES
Your development team was hard at work fixing small issues but the behind-the-scenes work is what we are most excited about right now. Your team is more focused than ever on all the vital work that comes with a software redesign!
- Want to learn more about the redesign of the Rentec Direct software and what that means for you? This large-scale project will make the software more responsive, leading to the development of a property management software mobile app. At the start of this year, we hosted a webinar featuring Founder and President Nathan Miller, where he speaks about the benefits of a new redesign and goes into more detail about what you can expect. Get excited because your development team is working hard, and this update is just around the corner!
These software updates are the result of valuable feedback and input from our awesome clients. If there is a new feature or a software enhancement you would love to see added to Rentec Direct, let us know.