- For $1,300, you’ll get about 30% more apartment space in Georgia than the 770 square foot average in the 100 most populous U.S. cities.
- Of the 56 Georgia cities included in our research, Warner Robins and Brookhaven had the largest and smallest apartments, respectively, for $1,300.
- Use the calculator at the end of the article to find out how much space you can rent in Georgia, whatever your budget.
Undeniably, space is something that we all came to appreciate in the past year during the pandemic, as it became increasingly more important for everyone, especially apartment dwellers.
So, RENTCafé analysts reviewed how much space you could rent across Georgia for $1,300, which is close to the state’s average monthly rent of $1,321. Based on Yardi Matrix data — and a bit of research — we’ve highlighted the cities where apartments offer the most and least bang for your buck.
It turns out that Georgia is a great place to call home, as most cities here offer rather spacious apartments. On average, you can get 998 sq. ft. of living space for $1,300 in the state, more than the 770 sq. ft. you can rent for the same amount in the top 100 most populous cities. This means that Georgia apartments offer 30% more space for the same price.
We put together the following infographic, which compares apartment sizes in the 56 Georgia cities included in our study. The size of the tiles represents the actual proportion of apartment space available for $1,300.
Throughout the state, the size of apartments you can rent on a $1,300 budget varies from 775 sq. ft. in Brookhaven to almost twice as much space in Warner Robins (1,528). Notably, although they fall on opposite ends of our ranking, these two Georgia cities are only 110 miles apart in the Central part of the state.
Top 5 Cities with Most Apartment Space for $1,300
Warner Robins, located 90 miles away from Columbus, is where you can find the most apartment space in the state, of 1,528 sq. ft., for that fixed amount. The city has an average rent of $885 — one of the lowest in Georgia — making this community of over 76,000 people an affordable place to live in.
Meanwhile, $1,300 can also pay for generous amounts of square footage in other cities, like Columbus (1,510), as well as Macon (1,467), a city 83 miles away from Atlanta. Dalton and Clarkston also made the top 5, with 1,398 sq. ft. and 1,380 sq. ft., respectively.
All of these cities boast local average rents between $885 and $995 — below the state’s average — making them great choices for those looking for ample apartment space and lower rents.
Top 5 Cities with Least Apartment Space for $1,300
Conversely, the least space you can get for the same money in Georgia is usually in cities where rents are higher, but overall the quality of apartments is better and they are generally considered to be more desirable locations. For example, Brookhaven — where rents go for an average of $1,596 a month — offers around 775 sq. ft. for $1,300.
Next up are Chamblee and Sandy Springs — only 7 miles away from one another in the Atlanta metro — are both among the cities in the state where you get less space for that money, but you’ll live in some of the most sought-after locations. Specifically, in Chamblee you get only 801 sq. ft. and in Sandy Springs, only 802 sq. ft. for the monthly rent of $1,300.
The top 5 is closed by Atlanta and Alpharetta where the same amount will get you smaller apartments of 826 sq. ft. and 876 sq. ft., respectively. So, if you do decide to choose one of these cities, know that you’ll need to shell out between $1,534 and $1,635 for the monthly rent. On the plus side, you’ll be enjoying better locations, so that’s definitely something worth considering.
What You Can Rent for $1,300 in Georgia’s Largest Metro
Here’s how much space you can get for $1,300 in Georgia’s largest metro:
In the Atlanta metro, Clarkston apartments tend to offer more living space for that money. Here, you can get 1,380 sq. ft. for the monthly rent of $1,300. Forest Park and Morrow also prove to be great cities to live in because the space you could get here would also be substantially large of 1,343 sq. ft. and 1,255 sq. ft., respectively.
Meanwhile, apartments in Brookhaven (775 sq. ft.), Chamblee (801) and Sandy Springs (802) offer the least space in the Atlanta metro.
See How Much Space You Can Get on Your Budget
Want to find out how much space you can afford based on your budget in these 56 Georgia cities? Use the calculator below.
Apartment size for your budgetSq. ft.
- This report was prepared by RENTCafé, a nationwide apartment search website that enables renters to easily find apartments and houses for rent throughout the United States.
- To compile this report, we analyzed average rent price and apartment size data provided by Yardi Matrix, RENTCafé’s sister company that researches and reports on large-scale multifamily properties of 50+ units. Yardi Matrix is a business development and asset management tool for brokers, sponsors, banks and equity sources underwriting investments in the multifamily, office, industrial and self-storage sectors.
- State average rent and apartment size information is based on data for 519,000 market rate units and 2,300 multifamily properties across the entire state of Georgia.
- The average apartment space per $1,300 of rent was calculated by dividing $1,300 by the average cost of rent per square foot in 56 Georgia cities with a statistically relevant sample size of apartments.